Front-end WordPress Developer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Leverage the power of WordPress in new ways for mission-driven organizations
As a frontend WordPress developer, you’ll address design and frontend implementation challenges for socially-minded organizations from around the world – from small nonprofits to national institutions. You’ll report to the Director of Technology and work closely with a senior-level WordPress technical project manager, WordPress lead developer, UX practitioners, and other developers.
We offer full-time permanent remote positions for those based in Canada and the United States.
If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us.
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and client-facing communications.
- Time management and prioritization skills to balance long-term innovation with client project needs.
- Advanced experience in WordPress theming. Design will supply assets in Figma+Zeplin and you’ll either do the rest yourself, or with other devs behind you on large projects.
- Mastery of web standards and best practices, particularly the ability to write meaningful, semantic HTML that responds across devices and breakpoints, degrades gracefully, and meets (or exceeds) the latest accessibility guidelines.
- Comfort with modern development practices and build tools. We use JIRA extensively, GitHub, CircleCI, Composer, etc.
- Optimize performance with caching and monitoring.
- Agile experience working with teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or similar methodologies.
- Familiarity with component-driven design practices
You might also know about
- Cloud hosting with WP Engine and/or Pantheon
- Web analytics
- User experience, information architecture
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Knowledge of other frameworks like Drupal, Craft, React, or Gatsby
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including paid holidays, PTO, paid bereavement leave, parental leave, health insurance, long and short-term disability, a continued learning & travel stipend, an equipment fund, and retirement funds with 3% match. We offer flexibility in work hours and accomodations. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ2S+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.
If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us. No exceptions.